Monday, July 14, 2008

My first post

Ok, so this is my first every post on any such blog. I will admit that I'm far from a writer, but in the upcoming year I'm sure that I will have much to write about. Much of which you, as the reader, may or may not be interested in hearing about. SO.... here it goes, wish me luck!


So if you don't know we have about 11 months before the big "relocation" to China. Yes, China. Scott's job is relocating him for 2 years to right outside of Shanghai in a "town" called Suzhou. This town has approximately 5 million people. It is really quite exciting and a little overwhelming, to say the least. So I've told myself that I will start "writing" (I was never, nor to do admit that I am now that I ever had a talent for doing such a thing) a blog about my experience leading up to , and living overseas. My friend told me perhaps my stories might be read by someone who could use the advise before their own move. HA!


Scott is in Germany this week running trials (don't ask me) on a piece of equipment that will be shipped to the plant in Suzhou. It's only been a little over 24 hours since he's been gone, and boy does it suck! What I try to keep not reminding myself is that this could be real life come next Spring because he may (99% for sure) be going prior to the kids and I going. The toughest part is only talking to him once a day, maybe twice if he gets done early enough. The time difference in China is 12 hours (13 when we turn the clocks back in the winter) and talking to him then will be very difficult. Yes, don't worry about that now... focus on today! Whatever:-) He'll be back on Friday so it's not that bad, the kids and I will be eating out a lot.


I can't promise that I'll post everyday, nor even every week. I guess whenever I think there is something that 1. I need to get off my chest, 2. is relevent to our move, or 3. you may find funny, haha!


I hope you enjoy reading my drama!

5 comments:

Jenny W said...

Congratulations on your first blog post!! I'm so excited for you guys and your upcoming adventure. :-) I can't wait to visit. hehe!!

jeannie h said...

That was great! ha! ha! I'm the friend! I can't wait to come visit.

Debbie H said...

Hi Tammy, Jacob, and Warren! What a FABULOUS idea! Great FIRST blog Tammy! This will be a great way to keep up-to-date on everything that you guys are experiencing as you prepare for your trip to China and once you are over there.

Give our love to everyone!

Hugs!

Bob, Debbie, Becca & Jon

Melissa Scott said...

WoW! Hey Tammy! Talk about an exciting first blog! I am so excited for you and your family! It will be an adventure you will remember forever! I'll be sure to add your blog to my "list of must read blogs" and keep up on your adventures!

Let me know if ya need anything,

Melissa Scott

Evva P said...

My BFF is leaving me. Who am I going to shop with on Thanskgiving night? I guess I will have to go by myself. Hmmm twist my arm LOL. You just better be ready to shop when I come to China!!!!!