Thursday, September 4, 2008

Pedroia for President

Yes, I'm a huge Red Sox fan.  Living in Atlanta it's really hard to listen to the fair weather fans that surround us (you know who you are!).  I grew up in Maine, and one of my most favorite memories growing up was going to Fenway Park with my Dad and brother.  We always had obstructed view seats, but that did not even matter.  Growing up I remember seeing Yaz, Dwight Evans, Carlton Fisk, Fred Lynn, and Jerry Remy just to name a few.  I also remember watching Billy Martin kick dirt on home plate (who is Billy Martin???)  
Watching the Sox on TV these days brings me much joy.  No, it's not playoff time (but it's close). Seeing Dustin Pedroia (listed on the program at a mere 5'9") batting clean up behind Big Papi really makes my day!!! He's hitting .333 and went 3 for 4 today. Ok, all of you non-baseball fans just bear with me, you all know that I'm a Sox fan.  


The link is Pedroia's 3 run home run yesterday up and over the Green Monstah (for those of you familiar with the dialect!)  We will see what happens during the next 20 something days as the season comes to a close.  



No comments: