Saturday, December 6, 2008

Tis the season for fruitcake

I cannot believe that it is December the 5th.  How time flies.  I did my Christmas cards tonight for our friends and family who live out of town.  It was hard to get started with the holiday list this year for some reason.  We watched the fruitcake episode on Good Eats tonight, I guess that means that I need to get my act together and get out the Brandy!  For those of you who have never received one of my infamous fruitcakes, the process is a labor of love.  I've been making them for years, and every year I say the same thing, "is it good, or are you just being nice?"  Everyone likes the mini loaves, but sometimes I wonder ~ I tried it once, only once.  

I guess the reason I'm having a hard time this year is because of the time frame.  I realized the other day that we only have approximately 12 weeks until the relocation process becomes reality.  And two of those weeks Scott will be in Germany and China.  Can you say, "holy cow, batman!"  I told him the other day that I think that Dallas will be in the Super Bowl because he will be in China on February 1st.  He was not too impressed with my Jimmy the Greek impersonation.  

The holiday season is off and running, I hope it does not run by too fast.  

No comments: